Thursday, May 11, 2023

Beautiful Spring

We’ve had a beautiful spring with an explosion of wildflowers. Cane has been doing his manly duty of taking out the trash and getting the mail while my hubby is visiting family in Idaho. He often sits in the mule while I do all the work but he sure looks handsome. 
The roadside thistle is full of butterflies and moths. I didn’t notice as I drove by but when I checked the mail I saw all the fluttering. I think hubby has chopped the thistle in our pasture. I need to relocate some to a designated spot so I can enjoy them. They really are so pretty.
We’ve gotten much needed rain. And there is more to come. The front pond finally filled past its banks. When I lived in Houston heavy rains made me uneasy because you never knew if there would be flooding. Now I do the rain dance and celebrate every drop. 

Best quote I read recently: Tact over temper.
Kind of another way to remember to always take the high road.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS