Thursday, September 8, 2022

Fall Sewing

Fall sewing is on the menu. My goal is to finish at least one seasonal quilt in time to enjoy for the season. This meadowland quilt using cider fabric has been waiting for a couple of years. Today I’ll sew the blocks together. I love the pattern but not all the flying geese. I just can’t get those right unless I use the blockloc method which I didn’t use for this one. Once it’s all quilted and being used I won’t notice the deformed geese. I hope.


I’m making table runners with the leftover scraps. One will be for my mother in law and one for myself. I think this fabric line is beautiful. Basic Grey is coming out with a complimentary line, Nutmeg(?), soon. I will have to indulge myself.

This quilt has been lingering because it has a flying geese border…that I don’t want to do. See a theme? I resolved to just put in an orange border but it really would look better with some geese. So it hangs on the design wall…mocking me.


We foster puppies for our local animal shelter. Today I have to take Walter (tan) and Tobias (white) for transport to New Jersey. Both are already adopted which makes my heart happy. They are absolutely perfect little guys. We love them and will miss them. ❤️







It’s a beautiful fall day in central Texas. We’ve had rain after a long drought. Nature is rebounding.

1 comment :

  1. congrats on persevering your quilts are looking fantastic just do 5 geese at a time and if they are not perfect that is fine. we always say it will quilt out. I do love your pieced border for the pumpkins is is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS