Monday, September 5, 2022

I have a new sewing machine. I didn’t need one. I have two Berninas- 4?? quilters edition which I bought about 15 years ago because I thought my Bernina 1080 was broken. It wasn’t. Both run beautifully but I was so tired of the need for a leader and ender to keep it threaded. After I sewed on a fancy machine in Sisters, I really wanted the thread cutting feature. I got some “mailbox money” and decided to splurge. I’m SO glad I did. I absolutely LOVE this machine.




I’m making a Meadowland quilt using cider fabric. I enjoy the big blocks but I do not enjoy the flying geese. I’m just not good at them. It seems like I do the same steps but sometimes they are beautiful and sometimes they are deformed. 

I’ll post the blocks next time. I forgot to get a pic of them today.


The donkeys finally got to move to a pasture near the house. We’ve had fence down and hubby didn’t feel it was priority to fix. I missed the donkeys, so I was thrilled when it finally got done. I like seeing them up close every day. I love my girls.


Today was a beautiful day. My joy was having leftovers and not having to cook. I know I should have loftier, deep reflections but I received huge joy in not having to think about feeding us. Maybe tomorrow my joy will be a deep thought. Maybe.

Joanna

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS