Saturday, September 18, 2010

God Rest Her Soul

My beloved Bernina 1080 is not well. Over Labor Day weekend I went to spend much needed time sewing. When I stepped on the presser foot, no go. It's a belt or something in the motor. I will take her to the hospital but it was time for a new machine. I have loved her. She was such a splurge 20 years ago. I have not had an ounce of trouble. Love this machine.

Here is my new beauty. It was a huge decision. I tried a less expensive Janome but I'm a Bernina girl. And, you know they have that 830 which sells for $6,000 dollars. That is just crazy, but if I had $6,000 under my mattress I would have spent it on that machine.

I love my new machine. I feel so fortunate to be able to have such a beauty.
I'm on a disappearing nine patch binge. I finished this top in a day. That's unusual for me. It's just a little more than 2 charm packs. I bought way too much of the border material so I went and bought more charm packs. This is what some people are getting for Christmas.

The Bird of Paradise is blooming! We go to a mexican restaurant every Friday night. It's our Margarita Night. I love that tradition. We walked past a bird of paradise every week. I think they are so exotic. My honey bought me one. I think of our Friday nights when I see it bloom.
I found more Chenille plants. I love their fuzzy blooms.

Have a wonderful Saturday!




4 comments :

  1. how exciting with a new machine..........mine is making a few funny noises and hope it is nothing too serious..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Bernina girl too. I have a 1230, I got it from my mom about 3 years ago and she only sewed with it a few times so I'm hoping it will last me many more years! I love your new machine, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a new Bernina! I'm a Bernina girl too....I LOVE my 1090 and won't get another machine until I'm forced to. I have a Juki TL98-e also so I should be good for quite awhile. I also love traditions...where would we be without them? They add spice to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by to visit! I, too, have been on a disappearing nine patch binge. They are so easy and quick to produce. I love the lay out of your blocks. I'm afraid that I am going to have to get a design wall so I can play with my blocks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS