Sunday, February 17, 2013

Indigo Crossing

I've had a curious reaction to one of the recent national tragedies. I was starting to branch out to art quilting but have a sudden compulsion to work on things that require far less thinking. Safe. Easy. Completion. Go figure, but it is what it is.  A jelly roll and some charm packs mean little thinking about cutting. I guess there are things in life I don't really want to think about either. As I've gotten older I think that is healthy. So much I can't control so I'll focus on sewing together squares and triangles.
Thus, my Indigo Crossing precuts and inspiration from a Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial. I love the blues and beiges in this line.  I'm working on a Jacob's Ladder. The final layout will be scrappier than this. I laid these out to get an idea of what a block will look like.




Peaceful Sewing,


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS