Friday, June 2, 2023

Summer Garden Zucchini and Green Bean Edition

We foster pups from the animal shelter. They are usually with us 2-3 weeks then get transported somewhere north. We named these Sam Shepard and Andy Aussie. The shelter named them Ford and Dodge but we didn’t know that. They were absolutely perfect dogs. So hard to let go but wishing them a happy life.



This is our first year to grow green beans.  It has been a success. We will try again in the fall because this is a vegetable we will eat lots of. Today I will can them.
The jalapeƱos are ripening. This is the first year that we are going to utilize them fully. I have canning recipes planned so I hope for a big crop.
It is getting a little out of control. My schedule is determined by zucchini. I have lots of shredding and freezing to do. I’ve made zucchini bread and frozen extra loaves. The All Recipes version is very good. Next I’ll try zucchini breakfast cookies.
Fresh green beans for dinner. I absolutely love picking my dinner from the garden. 

This weekend I have a quilt to bind for my nephew. I need to post my quilting projects. They are abundant.



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS