Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Why I Haven't Finished Anything

With all the fabric purchased... and all the viewing of blogs... and all the challenges entered....I haven't finished anything. I have a couple of tops just about ready. Yes, work gets in the way. I'm exhausted and will work on that this year. But who isn't tired daily?



I'm stuck at the mitered borders. Easily fixable. I can learn that. Then it dawned on me that I don't know how to do the next part. It has me paralyzed. So off to take a machine quilting class.



Stitch in ditch...doable. Free motion= quilting drunk. But I did quilt my name.



So I decided to dive in on a quilt top I didn't care much about. Not much but still it was time and money. I did not post the picture because I think I might cry. Making the quilt sandwich on carpet= bad idea. I have some buckling. My in the ditch was okay though. The free motion is horrible.



I will find a solution to making the quilt sandwich without bubbles/buckles. I can stitch in the ditch but I'll leave free motion to the professionals for a while.



Next I took a binding class. Such a lovely teacher. She made everyone feel accomplished. I'm happy with my progress and feel I can bind.


I have many projects I abandoned as work overtook my energy. Today I went back to what I love- piecing. I made 2 more blocks for the Pinwheel Sampler. Love how these blocks are framed.







Now, do I cook something for dinner. Keep in mind I have to go to the grocery store. (yuck!) Or do I make 2 more blocks?



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS