Sunday, January 22, 2012

Free Motion Quilt Challenge- Dish Cloth





I've joined the masses in the Free Motion Quilt Challenge at SewCalGal. Just like anything, we are better if we practice regularly. There is even a Facebook group. What a fun way of getting me to do what I need to do.

I came across a great idea from Sew Inspired: http://www.sewinspiredblog.com/2012/01/ffmq-guest-post-amy-from-amylouwho.html




She made dishtowels rather than just quilt sandwiches that get discarded. Smart. I copied her using a fat quarter, batting, and chenille on the back. Spray basting to make it all stick. I finished off the edges. Now I have a new dishtowel from a fat quarter that was never going to make it into a quilt...and I did my daily practice.

The back is pretty funny looking. It would look better if my bobbin had white in it but I didn't want to deal with it showing through the top.



Sure was a fun way to practice!






















No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS